Make a positive impact in a child's life
The Chandler Park Skate Park has been a hit since its opening. In less than two years, the Chandler Park Skate has been host to visitors from all over the region. It has become a destination for people of various ethnicities, ages, and genders. Since the opening, we have found two things, many local youths have skateboarding skills but don't have skateboards or the proper safety equipment. and/or two, they want to learn how to skateboard.
Thus far, the Chandler Park Conservancy has successfully provided equipment and skateboarding lessons to more than 80 youths with support from people like you. However, there is a waiting list of more than 40 kids and growing. Frankly, we underestimated the popularity of the skate park.
- Opportunity to Learn a New Skill: Skateboarding is a fun and exciting sport that can teach children important skills, such as balance, coordination, and perseverance. Sponsoring a child for a skateboarding class can give them the opportunity to learn a new skill that they may not have otherwise had access to.
- Physical Activity: Skateboarding is a great form of exercise that can help children stay active and healthy. With the rise of technology and screen time, many children are not getting enough physical activity. Sponsoring a child for a skateboarding class can encourage them to get outside and be active.
- Positive Influence: Skateboarding can be a positive influence on children, providing them with an alternative to negative behaviors such as drugs and alcohol. Skateboarding can also help build confidence and self-esteem, which can help children make positive choices in other areas of their lives.
- Community Building: Skateboarding is a social activity that can help build a sense of community among children. Sponsoring a child for a skateboarding class can provide them with an opportunity to connect with other children who share similar interests and values.
- Access to Resources: Sponsoring a child for a skateboarding class can provide them with access to resources they may not have had before, such as skateboarding equipment and instruction. This can help level the playing field and give children from all backgrounds an equal opportunity to learn and grow.
Sponsoring a child for a skateboarding class can provide them with a variety of benefits, including the opportunity to learn a new skill, engage in physical activity, build confidence, connect with others, and access valuable resources. By donating to sponsor a child, you can make a meaningful difference in their life and help support their growth and development.